Medicare Open enrollment runs through Dec. 7. If you miss the Open Enrollment deadline, you will likely have to wait a full year before you can make changes to your plan. So, it is important to plan ahead and not wait until the last minute to make an important decision such as which Medicare insurance plan is best for you. Even if you are happy with your current plan, there might be something even better out there for you.
You can learn about and enroll in a plan either by contacting the various carriers directly or you can utilize the service of an independent broker. If you call a carrier directly, you will likely speak to a sales agent that works for that company exclusively. The advantage of an independent broker is that they work for you and can offer you more than just one option when it comes to your Medicare insurance needs. Their services are free to clients as they receive a commission directly from the carrier whose plans they sell.
One such independent broker serving the North Central community is Yvonne Kudray-Baraban, who has been specializing in selling Medicare insurance since 1996 and has been a Phoenix resident since 1977. She can help process all of the information that will be coming your way in order to select the best plan for you.
Kudray-Baraban says that 2016 is proving to be a year of change, with many things changing with many plans. Those may include:
• Original Medicare Premiums, Deductibles and Co-insurance may have changed – how will these changes affect you?
• Medicare Supplement Premiums adjust annually – How much did your plan raise this year?
• Drug formulary changes – Your drug may not be covered at the same copay next year.
• Co-pays and co-insurance on Medicare Advantage Plans (HMO’s) change each year.
• Your Primary Care doctor or Specialist may no longer be contracted with your current plan.
• Your insurance company may have been purchased by another company – How will this affect you?
• Your plan may not be available next year.
For more information or to make an appointment withYvonne Kudray-Baraban, call 602-575-0622 or e-mail Yvonne.Kudray@Cox.net.