The Weekend Travel Advisory from Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) includes closures of north- and southbound State Route 51 off-ramps at Northern Avenue, among others. Here are the weekend closures or restrictions along Phoenix-area freeways for Aug. 26–29:
- North- and southbound State Route 51 off-ramps at Northern Avenue closed from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday (Aug. 27) for city of Phoenix paving project. Expect lane restrictions on Northern Avenue (either direction) near SR 51 at times.
- Detour: Consider exiting SR 51 to westbound Glendale Avenue and using northbound 16th Street to reach Northern Avenue.
- Eastbound I-10 closed between US 60 and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday (Aug. 27) for work on the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project. Eastbound I-10 then narrowed to two lanes near Warner Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Monday (Aug. 29).
- Westbound I-10 narrowed to two lanes in areas between Baseline and Broadway roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Aug. 29).
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Val Vista Drive and Gilbert Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 29) for work on the Lindsay Road interchange project.
Click on the Weekend Travel Advisory map or visit the ADOT site for a complete listing of restrictions, and suggested detours, for this weekend.