Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is reporting the closure of a section of Interstate 10 near the US 60, and Eastbound Thunderbird Road near I-17. Just two of the closures impacting travel in the Valley this weekend, July 29–Aug. 1.
- Eastbound Thunderbird Road closed near I-17 from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Wednesday (Aug. 3) for road work as part of regional drainage system project. Expect I-17 ramp closures or restrictions at the Thunderbird Road interchange. Detour: Consider using eastbound Cactus or Greenway roads combined with 19th or 35th avenues. Note: Eastbound Thunderbird Road is scheduled to be narrowed to one lane near I-17 from 5 a.m. Wednesday (Aug. 3) to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 8).
- Westbound I-10 closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and State Route 143 (Hohokam Expressway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Aug. 1) for bridge work as part of the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project. Westbound US 60 and southbound SR 143 ramps to westbound I-10 closed. I-10 on-ramps between Elliot and Broadway roads closed. US 60 WB on-ramps at McClintock Drive and Mill Avenue closed.
- Westbound I-10 narrowed to one lane between Verrado Way and Miller Road in Buckeye from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 1) for a widening project.
- State Route 24 (Gateway Freeway) closed in both directions between Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) and Ellsworth Road from 5 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday (July 31) for construction.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) right lane closed between Chandler Boulevard and Warner Road from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (July 30) for pavement maintenance. Northbound Loop 101 on- and off-ramps between Chandler Boulevard and Warner Road closed.
Click on the Weekend Travel Advisory map graphic or visit the ADOT site for a complete listing of restrictions and detour information for this weekend.