Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) announced a number of Phoenix-area freeway closures or lane restrictions for this weekend, Oct. 21–24, including along I-10 near the Broadway Curve, and I-17 near Loop 101.
Weather permitting, the following freeway restrictions are scheduled this weekend:
- Westbound I-10 closed between US 60 (Superstition Freeway) and State Route 143 (Hohokam Expressway) near Sky Harbor Airport from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Oct. 24) for the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project. Westbound US 60 ramps to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at Elliot, Baseline and Broadway roads closed. Westbound US 60 on-ramps at McClintock Drive, Rural Road and Mill Avenue closed. Note: 40th Street also closed in both directions between I-10 and Broadway Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Oct. 24). Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at 40th Street closed. Detours will be in place.
- Eastbound I-10 closed between SR 143/48th Street and US 60 (Superstition Freeway) from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday (Oct. 23) for the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 40th Street and Broadway Road also closed.
- Northbound I-17 closed between Union Hills Drive and Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 24) for pavement improvement project. Northbound I-17 on-ramps between Thunderbird and Bell roads and at Yorkshire Drive and Deer Valley Road closed. Detours: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using local routes, including northbound 19th or 35th avenues, before entering northbound I-17 beyond the closure. The northbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road will be open. Drivers on Deer Valley Road will be able to use the northbound I-17 frontage road to Pinnacle Peak Road. Note: Both Loop 101 ramps to northbound I-17 will be closed from 7 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 24). Loop 101 access to northbound I-17 will be available until Saturday evening.
- Westbound Loop 303 closed between I-17 and Lake Pleasant Parkway from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 24) for construction. I-17 off-ramps at Loop 303 restricted with access to Sonoran Desert Drive (east of I-17). I-17 on-ramps at Loop 303 will remain open.
- Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) narrowed to one lane (left three lanes closed) overnight between Thunderbird Road and 75th Avenue in the northwest Valley from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (Oct. 23-27) for pavement maintenance.
Drivers should allow extra time and plan alternate routes. Click on the Weekend Travel Advisory map graphic or visit the ADOT site for a complete listing of restrictions and suggested detours.